Friday, July 24, 2015

Painting

One of the things I have looked forward to the most with our new house is being able to paint it. One of the men in our ward is a professional painter, and we've received a lot of help and advice from him as we've started transforming our new home.
Here are the before photos of our bedrooms:

The master bedroom was a pale blue. We picked a color called "Kilim Beige" to go over it. All of the bedrooms are going to have wainscoting on the walls, so they'll be white and whatever other color.

Amelia's room was a nice sage green. I actually liked the color a lot, but I really wanted to paint my little girl's room a more feminine color. We are using a beautiful shade of purple called "Dahlia."

This is the boys' room. It's hard to tell from the photo, but their walls were an off white color--nice, but very boring. We picked a blue that I believe is called "Coastal Blue" with red (color is called "Stop") for the closet. Both boys are happy to have their favorite color in their room.

My friend Michelle, daughter to the professional painter, is also a professional painter in her own right. She gave me several painting lessons in preparation for our home makeover. Here she is teaching me how to cut in a room before rolling it. This is in our bedroom.

Our friend Jordan, who has worked for the painting company in the past, painted the first coat of yellow in Amelia's closet.

Michelle cut in and did the first coat of paint in Amelia's room.

The boys really wanted to do some painting of their own, so one morning I brought them over to the house and helped them paint a "secret" on the walls of their bedroom. 



Their names are now covered up with white paint in preparation for the wainscoting, but we know the names are still there!

I have found that I really enjoy painting. Ryan has let me do all of it (except what our friends did for us) and I know I will look upon these rooms with real pride for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment